CO-FOUNDER & PRINCIPAL OF ANITOONS
Mr. Amit kapoor is a leading master of watercolor medium in India. He has been recognized with top international honors for his paintings and his art graces the walls of many private and corporate collectors. He is in constant demand for solo exhibitions, workshops and instruction. His art captures the very soul of his subjects with passion. His exceptional drawing skills and extra ordinary abilities In art makes him proficient in any medium.
His subjects include lot of compositional works where lovely play of light and shadow and prespectives are the main traits He is also the co founder and Principal of Anitoons The School Of Art And Animation. He is guest lecturer in many prestigious Art colleges like College of Art, Delhi, Apeejay Institute of Design, Jamia Millia Islamia (Mass Communication department), Meerabai Institute of technology . He was also in the jury Panel of Jamia Millia Islamia (Mass Communication department), in the jury panel of Jaipur Animation Film Festival (JAFF). He has been interviewed by several International influential media and magazines and he has high reputation for professional production and inspired leadership. Recently in 2013 he also launched his first book in watercolor medium “Amit kapoor LANDSCAPES IN WATERCOLOR“.
He is the only Indian Watercolor Artist to get Silver Star Award from National Watercolor Society, USA. He is only Indian Artist invited for Live Demonstration by world’s biggest Art Channel “ SAA”, UK.
Born at New Delhi in 1975
Passed BFA Applied Art, College of Art, New Delhi in 1998
Passed MA Painting, Jiwaji University, Gwalior in 2004
- Founder of Watercolour Society of India (WSI)
- Vice President of International Watercolor Society Global (IWS)
- Head of International Watercolor Society India. (IWSINDIA)
- Founder & Principal of Anitoons The School of Art & Animation, a division of Amarnath Educational Trust.
- Curator & Organizer of International Watercolor Society India Biennale, India.
- In the jury panel of Jaipur Animation Film Festival (JAFF), 2010
- In the jury Panel of Jamia Millia Islamia (Mass Communication PG Animation Department),2005-06
- Assit. Prof. at College of Art, Delhi (Visiting) since 2002.
- Visiting Lecturer at Jamia Millia Islamia (Mass Communication Post Graduation Department), 200506
- Visiting Lecturer at Meerabai Institute of technology, Delhi University, 2010
- Visiting Lecturer at Apeejay Institute of Design, 2003-04
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENT :
- Got “Mention of Honor” at 4th Biennale Caudete, Spain in 2017.
- Golden Brush Award at Gaziantep, Turkey. Love and peace & Tolerence Watercolor Festival 2017.
- Third Winner of Cash Award at “The Lake-Blue Heaven Qingdao International Spring Art Salon”, China 2017
- Invited as a Guest Artist at IWS Thailand Festival and Exhibition 2016, in September.
- Invited as a Guest Artist at IWS Hong Kong 1st International Watercolor Biennale 2016, in October.
- Selected in top 30 Artist in IWS Taiwan World Watercolor Competition & Exhibition 201
- Selected for 1st International Watercolor Exhibition, China 2016, as a Guest Artist.
- Selected in 96th The National Watercolor Society International Exhibition 2016.
- Invited by “SAA The Society for all Artist” in UK for Demonstration that will be streamed live on the internet.
- Selected in San Deigo Watercolor Society, 36th Exhibition 2016.
- Selected in Mini Castra 2016, Slovenia.
- Selected in Esde Galleria Contest 2016, Europe.
- Selected Artist in Rochemaure Biennale 2016, France.
- Won the Silver Star Award (cash 5000 $) in NWS 2015 95th International Exhibition.
- Selected Artist in Shenzhen Biennial 2015, China.
- Won Cash (Purchase) Award in Castra 2015, Slovenia.
- International Art Contest, Position 2nd , 2013
- Saint-Petersburg Society of Watercolor Artists, ART-BRIDGE-WATERCOLOR-2013 International Competition, Position 2nd, 2013
- Selected in the Second round of World Watercolour Competition 2014 organized by The Art of Watercolour Magazine. (Ranking Top 294 Watercolor Artist of World)
- Selected in the III International Biennial of New Techniques in Watercolor Caudete 2014, SPAIN among the 50 artist from all over the world.
- Special Award in Watercolor Painting conducted by New Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) at AIFACS, New Delhi.
- “Bharat Gaurav Award” by India International Friendship Society, 2014.
- Won AIFACS Award in Watercolor Category in 2015.
- Watercolors Selected for 2015 The World Watercolor Triennale, Korea. Hosted by Korea Watercolor Association.
- One of the Juror of International Watercolor Society (IWS) Contest, Turkey in 2015.
- Representing India as an IWS Community Leader in In Arte Fabriano, Italy, 2015.
- One of the Jury of at 4th International Watercolor Festival “Homer Love & Peace, Turkey, 2105
- One of the Jury of 1st IWS Pakistan Watercolor contest 2016.
- One of the Jury of 1st IWS Arab online Watercolor contest 2016.
- One of the jury of Poster Competition of Indonesia 2016.
- One of the jury of IWS Thailand Exhibition 2016.
- One of the jury of IWS Hong Kong Exhibition 2016.
- Special coverage in the most popular French magazine “ The Art of Watercolor” in 17th & 19th Issue.